Thursday, July 15, 2021

Taking a Break

(Update 7/18, I wrote a long post about the new Motu Proprio situation going forward in my local Church, but decided to take it down because I’d rather be silent going forward.  You already know my convictions. The Church is in a kind of state of eclipse, to quote one local priest of my diocese, though never entirely, so there is always hope to obtain what a Catholic needs to save their soul, no matter how much the Shepherds have been struck.  Life goes on.)

More here:

As much as I like to write about everything under the Sun, related to our Catholic Faith, each passing day I have more reservations about participating in the blogosphere or any sort of social media in any form, it having a diabolical disorientation.

Not being concerned about censorship or what people think of yours truly, but rather about how evil this online Leviathan really is, and how the evil dynamic continues to accelerate exponentially.  The natural law says to avoid evil, so there’s cause to pause and reconsider.  The bottom line is, is the world of Internet discourse really helping Catholics advance in their spiritual life, in particular to maintain inner peace?  So I’m taking a break.   Maybe for a week or so, or maybe more. Or maybe indefinitely, if not one day clicking “delete” on this blog.  Time will tell….Pax. 

PS. If you’d like to drop a friendly hello, or convey support for this endeavor, which would help me gauge if this thing is worth continuing, I’m at:

JosephOstermeir@gmail.com 

As St Paul said, echoed in one of the Boy Scout mottos: onward and upward!