Thursday, February 18, 2021

Rush (RIP)

The first time I ever heard of Rush Limbaugh, I was sitting next to my uncle in high school in his work van, putting in irrigation systems across Long Island, NY, while he ranted and raved about the evil Clintons, us listening into Rush.

Rush was a formative source for me too in college, a go-to consolation while perpetually inundated by far left culture at the state college I attended.  He helped keep me moving forward with the moral compass of my conservative, Catholic upbringing.

Years later, though, I departed with him on some of his excessive views about American exceptionalism, in particular his seeming advancement of liberal capitalism.  He was after all a Protestant, and his Americanism was a reflection of that side to him.

Yet, Rush was a Christian, a conservative, a defender of liberty, the family, and the sanctity oh human life, despite his personal flaws.  He gave us conservative talk radio which is essential in informing and uniting those like us, to keep us afloat and empowered.

So, it was a sad day yesterday, when I clicked on Citizen's Free Press as part of my morning routines, and saw the headline "Rush has passed away."  I felt emotion of his passing, like losing an elder.  Rush was a hero, truth be told, in particular this past year defying the doctor's prognosis of dying earlier than he did, while summoning all his strength to keep coming on the air each week, if he could, to defend America during the Presidential election.

Rush rightly said that if the Dems take the White House, Senate, and Congress, in particular by means of voter fraud, it will mean a kind of death to the "United States of America" now effectively taken over--for God knows how long--by Communism.  

That was Rush's opinion, and I stand by it.   

Rush, you will be missed and remembered in my household.  May he rest in peace.