Saturday, March 23, 2024

Cabrini

Some Trads praise it.  Others don’t like it. I’m not sure why, except trailers suggest at least a bit of feminism. How much is the question. It was released on some feminist annual day for women. 

Trailers show a nun sometimes with no veil, questioning the pope if her lack of Vatican approval was because she was a woman.  

On the other hand, SSPX-affiliated Catholic Family News’ new editor interviewed traditional Catholic YouTuber Mike Parrot, the guy sued be Church Militant accusing him of wrongdoing in his fundraiser for Fr. Jackson’s legal defense, about his role assisting the producers and even playing a minor role with his wife in the movie. His point is it’s a great dramatic film, not to let the perfect become an enemy of the good, and that evangelical Protestant Angel Studio did not have such a central role as portrayed by the media. 

Film critics are praising this film on all counts. We’ll be treating ourselves tonight to a rare outing to the movie to see it, and I’ll write my own traditional Catholic movie review of it.  I had been eager to see the film Padre Pio, and we all know how that went. I’ll give my impressions and whether or not I personally recommend it. 

Stay tuned.