Saturday, March 23, 2024

Arthur the King Review

We got to the movie theater and they were no longer showing Cabrini, even though their website still lists it.  If I can see it in another theater soon, I’ll write a review of it, or at least after it comes out on Amazon Prime. I no subscribe to Netflix which has earned the reputation of putting out sacrilege. 

So instead we saw Arthur the King starring Mark Wahlberg, who once put out trashy films until his reversion, now being a devout Catholic   I was cautiously optimistic going into this film.  It is very clean and family friendly, and I appreciate Wahlberg’s intent to put out more wholesome films, even though his Fr. Stu movie was neither wholesome nor a success. 

That said, he redeemed himself with this film.  I give it 4 out of 5 stars, less so for the story-line, but more so for the intense, tear-jerking drama centered around his relationship with a stray dog who joined his team on their ultra-endurance race.  What is amazing is it is based on a true story.  

I recommend this movie.