Tuesday, September 29, 2020

The Okie Traditionalist Chimes in: Trump lost the First Debate, not a Good Omen

Just finished watching 10 minutes ago.  Trump lost in my opinion, in part because Wallace spun the debate to make Trump look like he was the unbridled jerk constantly interrupting Biden, even though Biden (and Wallace) also kept interrupting Trump.   In extra-mental reality, nobody won.  It was a lot of mud throwing both ways.  There was little or no demonstration of their positions in a coherent and logical way.  Trump was truthful, and Biden lying, but from my Okie armchair, that reality was not conveyed in this televised debate.  The media certainly will declare Biden the winner, and most will buy that.

It was sad to watch, because Trump could have been more in control of the debate, by letting Biden talk on and on making a fool of himself, but for this debate Biden came across more stately (even though he will be the first president of the Communist States of America).

I'm still praying and hoping, but not holding my breath.  As I said in two previous posts expressing my thoughts on the election.  I don't think this debate is a good omen for Trump, or for this country.