Saturday, September 23, 2017

Saturday 23, 2017. A Most Auspicious Day, I'd Say

A most auspicious day today in the heavens, but it seems just a run-of-the-mill day today here on Earth.



A Beatification, St. Padre Pio's Feast Day, and the Constellation Virgo corresponding point-by-point with the Lady in the heavens described in the Book of Revelations.  Most auspicious.

I must admit when I woke up this morning I was curious what I would read in the news.   I had kinda anticipated this day for a while imagining it might be festive...or who knows.  For me it turned out like any other routine day.

I did catch pieces of the beatification, and some blog posts about it.   It seems trads are suspicious of the reasons behind it. The whole thing just seems too vague and nebulous.  Interesting how like-minds share the same exact reservations.   Many are asking how Blessed Rother's death met the definition of martyrdom, and how the beatification is at least partly for political reasons. The presiding Cardinal in OKC today has been nicknamed the "Saint-Maker" over the years.

Anyway, I was once again flabbergasted today to talk to someone who is donating a laptop to the blog.   Okiepapist provided one to use as long as I needed it.  It turns out I'll be receiving one in the mail next week, care of Amazon, from a reader/donor who wishes to remain Anonymous.  Thank you Anonymous!

Nothing apocolyptic happened today, and my long set of novenas to St. Padre Pio for special intentions, culminated in his Feast today.   It being an Ember Day, I decided instead of fasting and abstaining to feast (on some good Okie bbq, and beer).  One of the instances I felt compelled to observe the new calendar instead of the pre-conciliar calendar.  I'd like to think Padre Pio gave the thumb's up.   He was a hard-core faster, but enjoyed sipping a good beer on special occasions.  I'd think his feast day would be one of them.




So I do plan to read Blessed Rother's biography and venerate him;  but at the same time pursue the same questions about the politics behind the still ongoing canonization process. Should be interesting to learn more facts.

And the Virgo thing isn't over.  It's just that Jupiter (the king god) finally left the womb of Virgo today.  I'm thinking the crown of 12 stars, sun at her back, and moon at her feet may continue for sometime.

In the meantime everyday the news keeps bringing us new info about earthquakes and hurricanes, rising tensions over North Korea, Cardinal Burke's (et al) Formal Correction of Amoris Latiteae, and in 3 weeks the 100th Anniversary of Fatima.

I for one will be watching the news a little bit more closely, and one night drive outside of city limits to see if I can identify what is happening with Virgo.




Blessed Stanley Rother, pray for us.

St. Padre Pio, pray for us.

Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us.

Our Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on us.