Tuesday, September 13, 2016

The Okie Traditionalist: Afterthoughts

Readers, after my blog post, and the initial post at The Hirsch Files blog, went VIRAL on Sunday, I feel a bit tired.  I've been getting to bed too late.  My overloaded work schedule keeps me occupied.  But the spiritual sadness of the situation set in, and I'm just now shaking it off.  LINK

This situation reminds me of my vegetable garden. Like my newish hobby of blogging, it needs nourishment and tender care.  But like any of my hobbies, I'm reminded they can either replenish or sap my energy stores.  I look out across my garden and see quite a few weeds that need to be pulled.  Its perhaps too late to plant a late Fall crop (??).

GiantGardenBackDoorPatch.jpg (1000×748)

                  Weedy Garden

What we networked online took away perhaps a few too many hours from the demands of my state in life.  Gathering and organizing the details of the article took up my free time for a few days.

Considering whether or not I should spread the silenced Murder of a traditional Religious Order here in the Heartland, occupied several neural nuclei in my frontal lobe for days, at least in my subconscious mind. Checking in on the Comments section, keeping abreast of how VIRAL it had become, took up some valuable time I could also have been using to tend to my garden (literally and figuratively).

clock.jpg (1600×1200)

              Time: a Gift from God

And so I am resolved to give a measured amount of time to this online garden, The Okie Traditionalist blog.  I'm resolved to not let it eat up too much of my time, but I will make sure it is a fruitful, life-giving witness to all that is good, true, and beautiful.

It is time to say the rosary and to go to bed early.  I may not post for a few days. I hope to get an hour of free time to try and plant a few late Fall veggies.  Maybe kale and spinach (??).

maxresdefault.jpg (1280×720)

Once again my blogging friends, GOOD NIGHT!