Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Current Thoughts on Blogging

I have become ever more aware of how the world as broadcast over the internet, including through traditional and conservative ecclesiastical and secular news sites, can create a kind of loop of obsession, following the latest "breaking story," when time spent online is excessive, and the focus is on the negative.  

Pathological factors can manifest online, and in turn the world of the internet can manifest pathological factors in real life, like an endless loop.  I think people can get caught in these kind of loops--myself included, especially--in the religious and political sphere, and not be fully conscious they are until even years later, as to its detrimental effect.  

Every man, and that includes my fellow Catholic bloggers (and You-tubers), has to discern that for themselves, how much to focus on what, and how much to invest of their lives online.  But as for me, I am taking a short hiatus from blogging, with the exception of a post or two that may seem necessary for me to post (for my own sake), in order to re-think and re-frame in my mind this little hobby and one-man apostolate of sorts.  My goal has been, is, and will be even more than before to promote the good, true, and beautiful, focusing on those things, while also defending those things from that which attacks them, while focusing on the former.

Happy Fall weather.