Saturday, June 26, 2021

Saturday Morning Musings: Rainy Day, New Grill, Frank Walker

Rainy Day Today: 

Rise and shine sleepy heads, it's Saturday.  Time for pancakes, cartoons, soccer games, and BBQ's.  Such at least was my typical Saturday activities as a child.  

Today the plan was up at 7 am, morning routines, quick run to Home Depot, garden before it gets hot, hit up a few garage sales, and check out a quiet local public pool I've been wanting to visit this year.  

Such was the plan until I got out of bed and looked out the door.  Rain, rain, and more rain.  Had hoped it would miss Tulsa, as it did yesterday despite forecasts.  So instead, it's write a blog post, run errands, lunch somewhere nearby, read, and watch a movie later.  I'm thinking something with Mel Gibson.  Traditional Catholic, one of my favorite actors, still I think living in public sin, but by God's grace one day hopefully he'll get straightened out.

But I digress.




Church of the Holy Family

Built by Mel Gibson on His Land


New Grill:

I'm still enjoying my new NexGrill smoker grill I bought this Spring:  LINK.  Distributes the smoke well and holds the heat.  Just have to oil 'er down after each use to prevent rust.

And my Go-To mobile grill is one of those little $20 cheap Walmart Hibachi grills that gets the job done.  I like the small, black look and classic, American BBQ design.  But as I discerned last Saturday grilling my award-winning ribs (award presented by myself) out at old Blue Hole Spring (another outing planned for very early next Saturday), it isn't exactly pleasant to spend an hour grilling when the temp is 97 degrees F, not factoring in the heat index.  I think I drank 7 diet Mountain Dews just to replenish the fluids and electrolytes I lost from the sweat.

So in my brilliant analysis and decision-making, I made the strategic purchase of yet another grill, this one perfect for quick trips, tail gaiting, and such, that grills fast in the heat.  It is set to arrive on my doorstep via the ubiquitous arm of Amazon by this evening.  LINK.

Okie Trad, why are you talking about grilling?  You're suppose to be a Trad Blogger pundit.

I know, I know.  You can't fault a man for pausing for a moment now and then from the ad nauseum headlines about the DeathVax and Francis-Church to talk about the ordinary, good things of life, all related ultimately to the Creator and His design for mankind.

Plus I like to grill, so.


Canon 212's Frank Walker:

As I've always maintained, I like Frank Walker and the work he does at Canon212, despite not agreeing with every jot and tittle of his daily approach.  He is the de facto Trad Catholc Wizard of Oz overseer of the Trad Catholic Blogosphere.  Most if not all Trad blog posts or commentaries get funneled through Frank.  Or not.  With over a half a million views a month, he, by Providence, is the main Traditional Catholic conglomerate website.  The Hub.  Pew Sitters once was, and I still check them out, but they are disseminating Catholic Info at a much lower volume, which is fine.  More the better. 

So thank you Frank Walker for all you do.

That said, yes, he rarely if ever links here anymore, though my content has remained fairly consistent.  Frankly (pun intended), it’s okay.  This is a hobby for anyone who wants to read it.  Or not.  There are after all 40,000,000 blogs on the World Wide Web . 

At any rate, what I like most about old Frank is the cut of his jib.  He has good "Frame."  The man is always well groomed, well dressed, calm and collected, and on point to express his opinions.  God knows how many hours a day he has to spend deciphering the headlines, while vlogging about it all later.  Daily. 

Kudos Frank Walker, of Canon212.