Tuesday, April 20, 2021

10 Plans for This Spring

I love Spring.  Second only to Fall.  Come to think of it, it has been competing the last couple years with my love of Fall, so much so that I give you my "10 Plans for This Spring."  Care of The Okie Traditionalist.  

1.  Watching my garden grow.  Planted Saturday tomatoes, bell peppers, several herbs, carrots, cucumbers, green and yellow summer squash, spinach, and for good measure kale (great in smoothies, being a super food).  By late June, I should be posting pics of a fruitful harvest, God willing.

2.  Smoking meat and grilling.  Bought a new smoker grill recently, and tested her out Sunday smoking all day long pork ribs, and wow they came out tender.  And smokey.  Next will be brisket.  There's nothing like enjoying a Busch lite while moderating the temp on your new smoker grill while watching your garden grow.

3.  Home and Garden Show this Saturday in T-town.   Will probably go, for the Mrs, but to get ideas about landscaping and all things outdoors.  Plus it's FREE this year.

4.  Going to the Park.  Our favorite is Woodward Park, and also Centennial Park near downtown, which I liken to a mini version of Central Park on NYC, just on a micro scale.

5.  Estate Sales.  As we're planning to buy a house soon in the country, we are looking to expand our furniture and home decor.  Again, more for the Mrs, but I like to scout out tools, books, and fine artwork.

6. More Sunday Trips to SSPX-OKC.   Trying to make it there once a month, time permitting.

7. Eating Healthier.  I transitioned recently from keto back to Atkins, to up the intake of vegetables, berries, seeds, etc.  Enjoying fruit smoothies, iced green tea, and lemon aide made with stevia.  And of course lemons.   Plus lately I've been putting cilantro in everything--near zero calories, and near zero carbs, but chalked with vitamins.

8. More walking Peanut.  Mea culpa, in the winter I neglected some days to take my Mans-best-friend around the block everyday.  She was chomping at the bit more than me to get outside once Winter subsided.

9. Backyard fires.  Still have a bunch of old wood to burn.

10. Blue Hole Spring Outings.  Just as soon as it's warm enough to swim.  Planning some nice BBQ cookouts there, under our canopy tent, snorkeling (need to get fins), and fishing.