Thursday, March 25, 2021

New Bird Feeder. Thoughts on Women.

Who would have thought a squirrel could climb up a pole like this, reach across, and snag some bird seed.



The Mrs. did, when last Saturday we bought this hook stand, for lack of a better term, and a new bird feeder, shaped like a wide house, red, tin roofed, two basket cages on the side, and two trays for the seeds in front and back.  

"There's no way, honey," I said.  I was sure I was right   Or so I thought  

After some rain, finally birds starting using the feeder yesterday, which was a pleasant welcome as Spring sets in, this being one of my favorite times of year.

But stepping outside the door this morning on the way to work, I caught a squirrel red-handed going up the pole, and then jumping to hang on the feeder like a rock climber dangling in mid air, nibbling on some seeds it got in its claws. 

Well I was proven wrong.  Women know best.

In a sense.

Men and women being designed differently in our anatomy, our brains are different.  By comparison, the male brain is more left-brained dominant, logical, rational, looking out across the landscape of one's life in a pastoral view of everything that needs to be tended to.

Women, on the other hand, are more right-brained dominant, intuitive, emotionally intelligent, and in tune with the intimate details of one's surroundings.

Including whether or not a squirrel would or even could shimmy up that slippery, narrow pole.

That or perhaps she has a better handle than I do on the acrobatic aptitude of squirrels. 

Such is one of my many daily lessons I continuously learn.  Not so much what a squirrel is capable of doing to one's lawn ornaments/bird feeder, but the difference between men and women, and I suppose people in general.

"Man and woman, God created them," Holy Writ tells us.