Sunday, October 13, 2024

This is the Only Catholic Blog Written From the Perspective of Oklahoma, and About Catholicism in Oklahoma

Laramie Hirsch took down his blog, which transitioned over the years to speaking primarily about realities relative to the Catholic Faith, and at times relative to the local Church.  From my google search, I'm finding no other Catholic blog left based in Oklahoma, or at all related to the Church here, let alone a traditionalist blog.  




So it seems I am the only Catholic blogger, at least actively so, writing about the Faith to Okies, or from the perspective of being a born and raised Okie.  I would welcome Hirsch to return, if for no other reason than to talk about his astronomy and private revelation interests, of which I benefited the most. I myself cannot seem to stop writing even if I wanted to, it being even hard to take temporary breaks.  It is what it is.  

My goal has always been to log my thoughts on this website format, as an outlet of my faith, values, and personal experiences here in Oklahoma on the ground level, as in an actual blog (web log = blog, after all).  

A kind of pubic journal for the international reader as well, to benefit from meditation on universal truths from the perspective of my concrete life here in the Heartland (the upward dimension of the blog); and then secondarily, to meditate on universal truths as they apply to the historical development of my local Church (the local dimension).  

That remains the mission of The Okie Traditionalist.  Hope you enjoy it. 

Happy Fall weather (P.S. I will tell you a gem -- there is a 2 mile hiking trail around Lake Bixhoma outside Bixby, outside Tulsa, that is very hilly, that would make an excellent Fall hike).




Lake Bixhoma

Outside of Bixby, Suburb of Tulsa