Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Up Late

It’s almost 5 am and still can’t fall asleep due to pain.  Maybe it was some delirium, but I had my eyes closed trying to sleep, praying, when my internal field of vision with eyes closed became very white despite the bedroom being dark, and then without actively thinking about any visual image, in that white background I saw what looked like the Virgin Mary descending down from heaven.   

I wasn’t asleep and it felt more real than a dream or ordinary imagination in my mind.  Actually it felt very real.  I didn’t want it to end it was so intense.  She was more beautiful than I’ve ever seen her depicted in art or my own past imagination.  

She had very blue eyes.  In the moment I had a strong desire to give her a big hug but then she faded away.  The whole experience lasting maybe ten seconds.  It was amazing. Deo gratias.