Tuesday, June 15, 2021

SSPX Priest Planning to Sue Michael Voris & Christine Niles (Re-Post with Comment)

I’m not into Twitter, but a couple times I tried to engage Voris and Niles there.  I did not disagree with them investigating the Society, or that their investigation did reveal sex abuse or even incidents of cover up. 

My point was they painted the entire SSPX as a hotbed of sex abuse and widespread coverup, calling it a cult.  They vilified the entire organization of 700 priests, as well as the laity en masse.  

Niles in particular was angry.  She accused me of being an SSPX sycophant who didn’t care about the victims.   I recall at one point that Canon 212 linked to that exchange. 

I probably spend more time every year cleaning some dust from the obscure corner of a closet than logging into Tweet-er.   But I made an exception in this case.

I like and support the SSPX so when it is the target of a verifiable tabloid witch-hunt, then I make the time. 

So when I read this week on Canon 212 that a Society priest is planning to sue the Voris-Niles duo, I thought “Now there is some poetic justice.”  My take is the Society itself is gearing up to sue the crappola out of Church Militant.   

Being an international Society of Apostolic Life, with at least now a partial Rome-approved canonical ministry, large pocket books, and a mountain of evidence of slander and libel, it’s just a matter of time before CM goes bankrupt. 

Voris, Niles, if you’re reading this, I hope you have good lawyers and deep pocket books.  Because a settlement isn’t going to be for just a few tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars for what you did, and are continuing to do to these priests and laity.