Saturday, May 30, 2020

Saturday Morning Musings: Trad Forums, Trad Narcissists, Hobbies, Blue Hole Spring

Happy Saturday Okie Trads and Beyond. Yep, I’m still blogging. Took a little pause during the first wave of the covid crisis mass hysteria.  Plus had to reflect about the current state of the Catholic Blogosphere as discussed in my last post. One of the Catholic bloggers I think who is able to keep his blog within the definition of this new genre is Oakes Spalding over at Mahound’s Paradise, chiming in with insight and irony.  But he too seems to be taking some pause. 

Trad Forums

I never found them sources of fruitful (or adult) debate on serious religious issues.

Hobbies

Posting in trad forums was one of my hobbies as of late during the colder months, now taking a break until Christmas, but with summer upon us swimming, fishing, and the front yard garden beckon.    And when I say swimming, if you’ve followed my blog the last few years you know I’ve become a fan of Blue Hole Spring near Salinas, OK an hour east of T-town.  They’re on FB.  It’s an Oasis.  A must visit for any family nearby.  Yessir. You can fish there too. 

We bought some flowers and more herb plants for the front flower beds.  There’s something life affirming and relaxing to come home at the end of a hard day of work to the Mrs., and before dinner watering the garden, then sitting on the porch with a whiskey soda watching your plants grow.  Every man needs his hobbies. 

Yessir.