Monday, October 7, 2019

Monday Evening Thoughts

Just off from work. About to hit the pool at my gym.   Thought it’d be a good way to end the day of Labora to jot down some recent thoughts.  

All of you so inclined need to start your own blog, and perhaps relate it to your life as a Catholic.  It’s  even more therapeutic than journaling in my experience.   But really a blog is meant to be more like a journal than a bully pulpit.  

This Fall weather.   Cue the song Ode to Joy in its most triumphal parts.   What a divine tonic God gives us in this very moment of the year. Soothingly cool temperatures.  It’s as if our brains have figuratively and literally become less swollen by the inflammation that heat induces in the body.   Blood pressure and heart rate likewise subside. 

Red Bud Valley Nature Preserve.  A must this time of year for the avid Tulsa hiker.  As I am.  Went there early this last Saturday morning to kick off the weekend.   Before witnessing OU dominate another football game.  Go Sooners!  My Alma Mater.  Best State school here in the Heartland. Yessir. 

Calmer temperaments.  And I don’t know about you, but I’ve predictively noticed subsiding temperaments with subsiding temperatures.   It’s as if the high heat of the deep summer messes with our minds.   Had some very cantankerous individuals I was treating in July and August, but 
since September people seem more level-headed.  

Diocesan Latin Masses in Tulsa.  I want to reflect on this soon in a well organized post (as opposed to my off the cuff posts squeezing in some thoughts at the end of the day full of misspellings).   But as much as I generally support the whole cause of the Latin Mass Movement, in particular that unequivocal traditionalist stance against Catholic Modernism preached by the saintly Archbishop Lefebvre, I also whole-heartedly support the plan of every Roman rite parish have a Sunday Latin Mass.   Tradition cannot be just a private preference for a private club.   It is meant for everyone!  Everywhere!

Rib eye steak and my keto diet.   I’ve been faithfully getting back my a ketogenic metabolic state, great for burning body fat as well as extraordinary levels of physical and mental 

energy.  And so I’m getting out of my car to go into the gym, then home to grill a steak dipped in half a stick of melted butter, and grilled asparagus.  A keto diet is high fat, medium protein, low carb

Have a good rest of your week.  Planning more hiking plus local fly-fishing. 

Go Sooners.