Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Last Post 'Til Easter

Howdy fellow Okies, Okie Trads and Friends from Far and Near, wanted to let you know I'm givin' up blogging for Lent, which is a bit selfish to TBH, since it simultaneously curbs what has become at times addictive, while also serving as a Lenten penance.

Also please keep me in your prayers, as I'm recovering from a weird run of medical issues in the last several weeks-- seemingly serious but in the end minimal--that started with a Low Back Injury (which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy), then a facial nerve compression from sleeping on my hand (which produces paresthesia) which thank God is healing and "fading away," a CT scan to rule out stroke (which it did!), oh and for good measure an MRI (a 30 minute purgatorial experience) from my family doc to verify an arachnoid cyst in my skull (which turns out I have, but probably since birth, these things being benign--thank the Good God and Divine Physician!!!).

My last health challenge is overcoming weeks of insomnia, i.e. for me trouble falling back to sleep due to these symptoms (+ worries).  Such has been my pre-Lent gauntlet, which I offer up in reparation for my own sins, for the grace to once and for all overcome my personal sins, and in the end I think to become a stronger man and Catholic for it, according to my state in life.  

So besides abstaining from blogging, then, I'll also be offering up the residual effects of these recent crosses in the next weeks to come.

Come Easter Vigil when we stand outside watching Father light the Easter fire, know I'll be prayin' for you all.  So, I'll be seein' you all in a few weeks, 40 days as it were.  We'll celebrate the Resurrection with a roasted pig and flowing wine, as signs of the renewal of our Christian soul!  Happy Fat Tuesday!

lechon1_3.jpg (750×499)

water-into-wine.jpg (421×311)